Are you part of a community of supportive dads? or would you like to be? Would you like to brush up your skills for supporting your children?
Parent Network Scotland’s FREE Accredited Training Programme for Community Dads could be just for you. They are running a taster Session on 6 October from 11:00-12:30 in Glasgow.
Being a parent can be very rewarding. It can also be difficult and fraught with anxiety at times. Yet, as the result of a deep-seated belief that it is “all instinctive”, most of us are expected just to get on with the job without any support or training. Maybe, once upon a time, it was all instinct, but in today’s complex and changing world, parents need a broad range of qualities and skills to be caring and effective and to cope with the many challenges of bringing up children. We need to be able to use our hearts and our heads.
Parent Network Scotland’s Parenting Matters course is intended to help all parents (however this course is specifically aimed at dads and male carers), whatever the age of the children in their care, whatever their culture, background or beliefs about parenting.
Through the Parenting4All programme, Parent Network Scotland will help and support participants in:
- Getting involved in their own community project
- Gaining more skills in their chosen voluntary work Building confidence when facilitating or supporting other parents
- Linking needs, feelings and behaviours when working with others and our children
- Recognising and accepting the emotional content and context when working with other parents/groups
- Involving parents and families in leadership, decision-making and change through learning
Parenting Matters – Accredited by Glasgow Kelvin College
Parenting for All training – Accredited by Social Enterprise Academy
To find out more or book a place Contact Lorna at Parent Network Scotland firstname.lastname@example.org t:0141 353 5604
152 Bath St
Glasgow G2 4TB
Google map and directions